Tips for Packing Light!
- Never buy a suitcase bigger than carry- on and you’ll never be tempted to over pack.
- Roll your clothing into cylinder shapes, piece by piece, for extra room.
- Wear as much of your bulky clothing as you can on the plane. This way you won’t have to stuff it in your bag.
- Pick cross-compatible color palettes. This way you can form more outfits out of less clothing.
- Ball up your socks and underwear, then stick them inside of your shoes.
- Don’t pack the easy toiletries (shampoo and conditioner). Buy them at your destination in travel sizes and toss them before you head home.
- Download any books to an iPad or smart phone. Books can take up space and add a lot of extra weight to your luggage.
- Ladies, are you sick of packing jewelry and doing a 30 minute untangling act when you reach your destination? Lay out your jewelry on a piece of Glad Press’n Seal, then press another piece on top! (pictured below) Say good bye to that messy jewelry bag, and hello to a simple pleasure.
- Lay out full outfits before putting anything into your bag. This way you can pick out articles of clothing that have no match and leave them at home.